Chapel at KCS
Every week, our community participates in exciting, student and teacher-led chapels designed to teach God’s truth and celebrate the work He has done and continues to do in our lives.
From the theme and the music to the speakers and the takeaways, we want our students to “get” Jesus in big ways. Check out the descriptions below to get a better feel for what we seek to accomplish during this time.
Elementary Chapel (Grades K-4)
- Students discover the character of Christ through monthly themes, designed to not only instruct how God expects His children to act, but also to articulate the gospel and how Jesus has already met the requirements of the law on our behalf, paying the penalty for our sinfulness, and sending the Spirit to live inside us to make us more like Him.
- Students engage in corporate worship together, singing memorable songs that teach truth and magnify Christ as King.
- Students have an opportunity to help lead our chapels with their classes, at times selecting the songs, leading in corporate singing and prayer, and assisting the chapel speakers in interactive story-telling.
- Students learn about and participate in local and global missions opportunities like Samaritan’s Purse’s Operation Christmas Child, Kingsway Christian Church’s Dollar Club, the Show Hope Movement, the Haitian Christian Mission, and others.
Middle School Chapel (Grades 5-8)
- Our 21 Middle School Life Groups support students weekly through Bible study, discussion and prayer.
- Students learn that God’s love for us and His pursuit of us is relentless.
- Students may individually earn a Trait Tag for demonstrating exemplary character qualities: Caring, Citizenship, Compassion, Cooperation, Courage, Diligence, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity, Kindness, Leadership, Perseverance, Respect, Responsibility, Self-control, Self-discipline, Service, Teamwork and Trustworthiness.
Parents, grandparents, family, and friends are always invited to attend our chapels and participate with us. We welcome visitors interested in our school as well! Simply contact your teacher or the front office and we will reserve you a seat.
-Elementary School Chapel begins on Wednesday at 10:15
-Middle School Chapel begins on Thursday at 9:30