Charger Care – A Ministry of Kingsway Christian School
Kingsway Christian School’s Charger Care has been created to meet the needs of Charger families who require safe and exciting extended care before and after school. It is a program which serves to provide care for children enrolled in Kingsway Christian School only. At KCS, children are regarded as God’s special creations. They will be loved as the unique individuals they are and they will be guided into social relationships with their peers and leaders in wisdom, knowledge, stature and favor with God and man (Luke 2:52). We partner with our KCS families and minister to our children and parents who may need accommodations for their working schedules.
All children will be admitted to the Charger Care Program based on their enrollment in Kingsway Christian School. Charger Care is a service to enrolled families and will not be accepting enrollment requests from non-enrolled or partially enrolled (homeschool) families.
Weekly online registration, to include prepayment, will be required of families to access Charger Care during the year. We have carefully designed the registration process by reservation so that we can maintain proper staff to student ratios and provide care that includes daily programming and tutoring. These ratios are issued by the State of Indiana. KCS ratios are slightly lower than required so that we may always prove the best care for each child (1:10). We will not be able to extend our enrollment beyond our capacity to serve in an excellent way. This may mean, at times, that families will have to consider alternate care.
Starting Line (formerly Before School Care):
This is an extended care program for students in need of before school care on specific days of the week while school is in session.
- Grades: Preschool – 8th grade
- Hours: 7:00 AM – 7:40 AM
- Cost: $5/morning for registered students; $7/morning for students who have not been registered (drop-ins).
Sample Schedule of Starting Line:
- 7:00 AM Doors open.
- 7:00 AM – 7:35 AM Check in and welcome by our staff begins in the cafeteria through Door 12. Students will play with toys, read, converse with others, and/or eat a breakfast snack provided by their parent. Breakfast is not provided by Charger Care staff.
- 7:35 AM Staff will have a devotional and prayer with students.
- 7:40 AM Students are dismissed to classes. Preschoolers are escorted to their classrooms by Charger Care staff.
Finish Line (formerly After School Care):
This is an extended care program for students in need of after school care on specific days of the week while school is in session.
- Grades: Preschool – 8th grade
- Hours: 3:00 – 5:45 PM
- Costs: $12/afternoon for registered students; $16/afternoon per students who have not been registered (drop-ins). Please note: At 5:45 PM, price increases by $1 per minute until time of pick up.
Sample Schedule of Finish Line:
- 3:00 PM Charger Care begins for preschool. Students are shepherded to B112 and are greeted by staff who will gather and label their belongings. Our daily schedule is discovery based.
- 3:15 PM Charger Care begins for grades K-8th.
- 3:15-3:30 Parent provided snack is distributed.
- 3:30-4:00 Open play – outdoors, weather permitting.
- 4:00-5:45 Homework/Tutoring/Reading
- Story telling/drama with theme of the day (below)
- Guided games/Crafts
- Monday – Science day
- Tuesday – Art day
- Wednesday – Sport day
- Thursday – Favorite author day/writing/presentations
- Friday – Favorite choice day
Registration for Charger Care
In order to properly staff, keeping the staff/student ratios in mind, your child(ren) should be registered no later than Thursday at 12 Midnight the week prior. We understand that there may be mitigating circumstances that necessitate the use of Charger Care on a day that your child is not registered. In this case, your child will be monitored safely by school staff until the proper student-teacher ratio can be met, at which time your child can join his-her grade level cohort. The non-registered price will apply and will be charged to you via FACTS. We thank you in advance for understanding the necessity of implementing measures to ensure a safe environment for everyone at KCS and your child’s health both before and after school.
- Registration Link
- Charger Care Email: ChargerCare@kingswayschool.org